- Do not over-tighten the mounting screws
- The pivot hole must be perpendicular to wood surface, so the plate will sit flush on the wood.
- No more than 1/8" deep cuts should be made in each pass to prevent stress at the pivot.
- Use a dry lubricant on the pivot pin like Dupont No Stick.
Step by Step:
- Determine the hole size and insert the pivot pin in the proper hole of the Jasper 400
- At the center of the driver hole, drill a 1/8" hole at 90 degrees to the wood surface. Use a drill press, drill guide such as the Wolfcraft or a jig as shown below. (Note 1)
- Set the plunge router for 1/8" deep cut.
- Put a dry lubricant on the pin, Dupont No Stick.
- Insert pin in pivot hole, plunge router and rotate router around pivot slowly
- Continue these steps until driver hole is completed.
|Jasper Circle Jig mounted on Ryobi RE175 router.|